July 8-16, 2024, University of St. Mary of the Lake,
Life Commitment is an 8-day program that provides an opportunity for Catholic religious women and men to contemplate and reflect on their call to embrace a life-time commitment to consecrated life. Those discerning or anticipating profession of final vows gather in the company of their peers with presenters, seasoned in religious life and skilled in adult learning processes, to engage the compelling questions, experiences, and insights that speak to the reality of living vowed religious life in the 21st century.
During their time together, participants reflect on their:
- Relationship with God, Community, Church and Culture.
- Personal and communal witness to the mission of Jesus Christ as vowed religious.
- Call to service for the life of the Church, world and Earth.
- Commitment and authentic living of the vows – poverty, celibacy, and obedience.
The program creates opportunities for participants to:
- Gain insight into the challenges and blessings of living as vowed religious at this time in history.
- Enhance their ability to reflect, live, and act in a manner consistent with the prophetic mission and nature of their vocation call.
- Participate in personal and communal prayer and daily Eucharistic liturgy.
- Dialogue with peers and share experiences, both challenges and graces, of vowed communal life.
- Meet new friends and connect with women and men from diverse cultures and congregations/provinces, and experience an array of charisms.
Click here for pictures from the 2022 Life Commitment Program.
Date, Location, and Cost of Life Commitment (LC) 2024
LC 2024 will take place July 8-16, 2024 at University of St. Mary of the Lake (Mundelein Seminary), Mundelein Illinois. The program begins in the late afternoon on July 8 with departure on the morning of July 16. The online application/registration will open February 15, 2024. Please review the online application guide to prepare your answers and any documents. Payment can be made by using a credit card or an e-check. Registration/Application deadline is April 26, 2024. If you have any questions, please contact Brian Michalski, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- RFC Members
$100.00 Non-refundable deposit plus a $2000.00 payment, a total of $2100.00
$100.00 Non-refundable deposit plus a $2700.00 payment, a total of $2800.00