Religious Life in a Digital Age
ForMission 2.0 is an opportunity for formators who have participated in Orientation to Formation and/or the ForMission programs to dive deeper into a specific topic, refresh and reinvigorate skills and learnings along the way, connect with other formators, and engage in some peer supervision.
ForMission 2.0 will take place on Zoom. Access to reliable internet is important.
- Friday, March 3, 2023, 1:00 – 3:00 pm CST
- Saturday, March 4, 2023, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm CST
This is a two-day virtual workshop. Participation is strongly encouraged for both days in order to fully receive and engage in the information.
<<< CLICK TO REGISTER >>>
Payment can be made by credit card or by e-check. If paying by check, please have your checking account information available. You will further directions along with the Zoom link in the weeks ahead. If you do not receive anything by February 17, please contact us.
- Members: $100
- Non-members: $150
Please see the Conference cancellation policy regarding no-shows and cancellations.
This presentation across Friday, March 3 and Saturday March 4, will consider the reality of the digital universe and formation to Religious Life with practical ideas and breakout time on how to manage our being in this world for life and ministry.
Some of the topics Sister Rose Pacatte, F.S.P., M.Ed., D.Min. will address include the following:
- The Digital Age: what is it and what does it mean for religious life?
- Did You Know?
- The implications of various video clips
- What is the impact and influence of the digital age on religious life?
- How we can respond: Media Mindfulness as a way to live, breathe, move and have our being in the 21st century
- How do we deal with the emerging realities of digital technology, e.g.cell phones
- Planning: A case study
- An opportunity for communities to share their digital life best practice protocols for new members will be provided
Rose Pacatte, F.S.P., M.Ed., D.Min., fresh off a two-week speaking tour in the Archdiocese of Prague, Czech Republic, including presentations to the Czech Bishops' Conference, Women Religious, Catechists as well as Youth Ministers, will lead participants to consider the digital world with practical applications to religious life and religious formation. Rose Pacatte is a Pauline Sister and the founding director of the Pauline Center for Media Studies in Los Angeles. She is an award-winning film reviewer for the National Catholic Reporter and St. Anthony Messenger. Sr. Rose celebrated her golden jubilee of religious profession in June 2022.
A pre-conference screening program is included below.
- The Social Dilemma, Netflix (English; dubbing or subtitles in many languages are available)
- Coded Bias, Netflix (English, dubbing or subtitles in many languages are available)
- Screened Out, Amazon (English only)
Participants are asked to see at least one of these three documentaries.