Life Commitment is an 8-day program that provides an opportunity for Catholic religious women and men to contemplate and reflect on their call to embrace a life-time commitment to consecrated life. Those discerning or anticipating profession of final vows gather in the company of their peers with presenters, seasoned in religious life and skilled in adult learning processes, to engage the compelling questions, experiences, and insights that speak to the reality of living vowed religious life in the 21st century.
During their time together, participants reflect on their:
- Relationship with God, Community, Church and Culture.
- Personal and communal witness to the mission of Jesus Christ as vowed religious.
- Call to service for the life of the Church, world and Earth.
- Commitment and authentic living of the vows – poverty, celibacy, and obedience.
The program creates opportunities for participants to:
- Gain insight into the challenges and blessings of living as vowed religious at this time in history.
- Enhance their ability to reflect, live, and act in a manner consistent with the prophetic mission and nature of their vocation call.
- Participate in personal and communal prayer and daily Eucharistic liturgy.
- Dialogue with peers and share experiences, both challenges and graces, of vowed communal life.
- Meet new friends and connect with women and men from diverse cultures and congregations/provinces, and experience an array of charisms.
Click here for pictures from the last Life Commitment Program.
Presenters at the 2022 program include:
- Religious Life as a Prophetic Experience
Sr. Nicole Trahan, FMI
- Vow of Poverty
Br. John Barker, OFM
- Vow of Chastity/Celibacy
Sr. Laura Downing, IHM
- Community Living
Sr. Nancy Gerth, SCN and Sr. Corrina Thomas, FSPA
- Vow of Obedience
Fr. Hai Ho, Capuchin
Date, Location, and Cost of LCP 2022
LCP 2022 will take place June 22-30 at University of St. Mary of the Lake (Mundelein Seminary), Mundelein llinois. Application deadline has been extended to Monday, May 16th.
Participants should arrive no later than 4:00 pm on June 22. Checkout will be after breakfast on June 30.
$100.00 Non-refundable deposit plus a $1800.00 payment, a total of $1900.00
$100.00 Non-refundable deposit plus a $2500.00 payment, a total of $2600.00